5 - Documents
We automatically add the following documents without you needing to do anything:
- Tenancy deposit prescribed information
- How to rent guide (England) or Tenant’s guide (Wales)
- Legionella information for the tenant.
In order to assist showing that the tenant received the energy performance certificate, gas safety record and electrical inspection report before occupation, you can add those documents on this page.
Three dropdown fields are displayed asking if each document is required. If you leave as default ”yes” but don’t attach a file, the agreement and signature page will list the document as being attached. In that case, you should manually attach the document so the list of documents is accurate. If you select ”no” to any, that item will not be displayed on the list of documents in the agreement or signature page.
- All documents uploaded must be in PDF format.
- You can remove a document when editing an agreement.
- Documents shouldn’t be too large (no more than 5mb would be ideal. If it’s larger, try reducing the file size).
- Documents will work best if they are A4 portrait size.
The energy performance certificate has two options for adding.
You can upload as a PDF if you already have a copy. Simply drag the PDF to the upload box and it will be added. Alternatively, click on the upload box to select from your devices files finder.
Since the government introduced a new EPC portal on their website, it's become tricky to get an EPC in PDF format.
By entering the certificate number in the box which appears after choosing this option, the system will automatically get the EPC from the portal, convert it to PDF and insert it into the agreement.
To use the certificate number for your EPC, follow the steps below:
- 2.click start now and follow the quick and simple instructions. Enter the tenancy postcode when asked.
- 3.copy the exact certificate number from the blue box (you can select the whole number and press CTRL+C Windows or CMD+C Mac)
4. paste the number (including "-" dashes) into the certificate number box on Tenancy Builder (use CTRL+v Windows or CMD+v Mac, to paste) and click "check exists"
5. assuming the number was correct, an "EPC attached" indicator will be displayed. Otherwise, an error will be shown.
Simply drag the PDF gas safety to the upload box and it will be added. Alternatively, click on the upload box to select from your devices files finder.
Ordinarily, a gas safety will be one page but can be more.
Simply drag the PDF electrical safety to the upload box and it will be added. Alternatively, click on the upload box to select from your devices files finder.
Ordinarily, an electrical safety report is 4 to 5 pages long but might be more (rarely less).
Below electrical, there is an option to add a further page which is the tenant giving consent to speak with Universal Credit or housing benefit about a claim that may be made.
By default, we don't attach this page but if you want it adding, select "Yes" from the dropdown.
Where "Yes" is selected, an additional page is added just before the signature page at the back which the tenant(s) will need to sign in addition to the main signature page.
This consent page is fully compatible with the integrated digital signing and if included, the tenant(s) will be required to sign at the same time.
In addition to the documents which should be provided by law, you can add your own documents to the agreement.
You can add a maximum of three PDF documents and each file must be a maximum of 5mb.
Documents which might be added included:
- welcome information
To add a PDF document, click the "add more" button, enter a title, and upload the file using the choose file button.
To add another document, click the add more button again.